I discovered Mira Digital about three years ago. They are one of the few Print on Demand (POD) publishers who actually answer their phones. They are easy to deal with and very reasonable.
In the past five years, Print on Demand (POD) publishers have become readily accessible. Now, there are too many to choose from. The problem is the small print. As an example, Lightning Source, owned by Amazon seems to offer a great package, but what they don’t reveal is the very first day you release your book, Amazon can discount your book as much as 50% and keep 55% of the proceeds. The first time I used Amazon, I was in the hole $1.05. So I pulled the book and changed publishers. On a personal note, Lightning Source was six weeks late in delivering my book which caused me to miss a speaking engagement.
FriesenPress - They offer online distribution as well as exposure to wholesale book distribution through The Ingram Book Company, North America’s largest book wholesaler.
* Black & White Book Publishing: $579.00
* Color & Children’s Book Publishing: $595.00
Package Features Our Niche Market Starter publishing package includes the full set of standard features shown on the right hand side, plus the additional items listed below.
* Amazon’s Look Inside!
* 5 Paperback copies of your book
* First 12 image insertions free of charge (color & children’s book publishing only)
* First table insertion, first 5 footnotes or endnotes, and first 5 layout complexities free of charge